The perfect recipe for chilli con carne on the barbecue. Try out this ideal dish for sharing with family or friends.
In the kitchen:
- Soak the beans overnight (additional prep time).
- Pour away the water and rinse the beans.
- Cut the meat into rough chunks.
- Wash the chillies, peel the shallots, garlic and carrots and cut all of the veggies into rough cubes.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 200°C
- Place the Weber® Original™ Gourmet BBQ System Wok or Dutch Oven in the grate and let it preheat for 10 minutes.
- Add a bit of oil and fry the veggies lightly.
- Remove and add a bit of extra oil to the wok.
- Now sear the meat on all sides.
- Add red wine and let it simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Now add the bay leaves, spices, beans, tomatoes and water.
- Put the lid back on the barbecue and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and bit of sugar if necessary.
- Serve with a good crème fraîche.
January 4, 2016