This beautiful summer salad is ideal if you fancy trying something a little different.
In The Kitchen
- Clean out the head of the octopus, remove the beak, located at the junction of the tentacles. Rinse well and blot dry.
- Peel the potatoes and cut in cubes of 2 cm. Soak them for 10 minutes to remove the starch.
- Boil the octopus in salted water for 20 minutes – use 20g of salt per litre of water. Drain it.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-12 minutes – until tender, but not too soft. Drain.
- Clean the celery and peel the carrots. Cut them in cubes of 1/2 cm.
- Mix the potatoes, celery, carrots, olives and capers in a glass bowl.
- Pour over the juice from the lemon.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct heat – approx. 170 ºC. Place the sear grate on the grill and let it preheat for 10 minutes.
- Brush the octopus with olive oil and grill it for 6-8 minutes. Remember to turn it to ensure even cooking. Remove it when it gets brown and crispy.
- Cut it into bite size pieces. Season generously with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Turn in the salad and taste before serving.
June 9, 2015