Delicious pork belly roast. Give this show-stopper a try!
In the kitchen:
- Roll the pork belly securely with kitchen string. Put on the rotisserie spit and secure with the forks.
- Put the mustard, sugar, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and spices in a saucepan.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and butter, then simmer for another 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx 175°C.
- Cook for about 2.5 hours until the meat reaches a core temperature up to 75°C, brushing occasionally with the glaze. Take care not to let the barbecue get too hot or the glaze may burn.
- Remove the pork belly and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving.
October 17, 2016