The one and only Sunday roast, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding.
In the kitchen:
- To prepare the Yorkshire pudding: Sift the plain flour into a bowl. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and carry on beating until the mixture is completely lump-free. Add the sparkling water followed by the salt and 1 tbsp sunflower oil. Pour the batter into a jug and allow to stand in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- For the beef: Rub the beef in a little sunflower oil, then season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, 200°C. Roast the beef over an indirect medium heat for approx. 50 minutes using the Premium Grill Rack until the core temperature reaches 58°C (medium to rare). Allow to rest before serving.
- Add a little sunflower oil to each foil pudding cup and preheat over an area of direct heat. For best results, place the foil basins in a vegetable basket so you can move them about more easily.
- Once the oil is smoking, divide the batter between the individual pudding cups. Bake the puddings over an indirect heat with the lid down for 35 minutes, until golden brown and crispy, making sure not to lift the lid until they are ready to remove.
October 17, 2016