Lovely roasted duck with apple and prune stuffing. Great for during the weekend with friends.
In the kitchen:
- Rub the duck inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice the cooking apples.
- Stuff the duck well with prunes and apple. Tie with kitchen string.
- Place the duck on the rotisserie spit and secure with the forks.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect medium heat of around 180°C. Fit the spit in the motor on the barbecue. To collect the dripping fat, take a drip pan, fill it with water, and place it on the Flavorizer™ bars of your gas barbecue or on the coal grate between the lit briquettes on your charcoal barbecue.
- Cook the duck for 1.5 - 2 hours. The duck is ready when the internal temperature has reached 75°C.
- Remove the drip pan after 1 hour on the barbecue and strain the liquid into a saucepan.
October 17, 2016